always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

College seems to be looming large...

So, I received another "little" gem in the mail today. Just some light reading, right?



Peyton attended a college fair yesterday. She just took the PSAT, along with the rest of the Juniors and Sophomores in the country. How did this start sneaking up on us so dang quickly? Seriously, didn't she just look like this?



We are headed to the University of Idaho this weekend for Homecoming. The joke is that it is the extent of her "college tour." The reality is that her grades are pretty amazing. If she tests well on the SAT/ACT, a lot of doors will be open for her.

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about that. We have a lot of friends with older kids. Watching them send their babies off into the wild blue yonder is somewhat terrifying! But, really, this is what we have been preparing her for her whole life.

The problem is no one prepared me...


No comments:

Post a Comment