always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Friday, May 6, 2016

Five Years ago...

Today, this popped up on my Facebook Flashback.


It's hard to believe this was our kitchen at that time!

I hadn't started back to work yet, so had a lot of free time. I remember I was having a bad day. I took this shot to send to Mark to let him know I got my agression out. :-) I tore out all the old drywall in one afternoon. I'm not sure I'm that tough anymore.

Shortly after sending that pic, I found the roof leak that the inspector had missed. So, that was awesome.

5 years ago was also when I created my first blog. It was about the remodel. You can see it here if you're interested. I remember really enjoying the remodel project. It seemed like such a bonding time for the four of us. It was crazy, and chaotic, but we sure spent a lot of time together. Ha!

Looking back at photos, it hits me that it was a huge undertaking. And a much bigger risk that either of us was comfortable with. Which is funny now, but we are pretty cautious.

And, I really, really love our home. We lived in our previous house for 10 years, and it never felt as much like home as this one. Maybe because we tended to every square inch of the current one?

Anyway, enough nostalgia for today. I'd hate for you to think I was a big sentimental softie.

No comments:

Post a Comment