always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

And so it starts...

Sydney's high school career starts today.





It's not an actual day of school, but something called Freshman Academy. I think it's supposed to help them feel more comfortable with the school, and with all that goes on. It really is all new for them. New friends, new building, new laptop that needs to go with them to school every day, new outfits that aren't uniforms...












She is actually super excited. I don't think my 100 questions this morning on the way to school bothered her at all.

"Are you nervous?"
"Are you excited?"

I asked these because I was nervous and excited. For her, for me.



"What are you most excited about?"
"Who are you looking forward to seeing?"
"What class do you think will be the most fun?"

I asked these because I was curious, trying to get a read on her stoic personality.

As always, when I dropped her off, I said "I love you, have a great day!" I wonder if the girls will remember that phrase as they get older. Maybe they don't even notice that I say the same thing every school day? It didn't start out as intentional, but over time, I did realize I repeated this over and over and over.

I'm pretty sure it's as important for me to say it as it is for them to hear. Whether they realize it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment