always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

12 Days Of(f at) Christmas...

See what I did there? Clever, right?

If my title didn't give it away, I am officially off work until January! Pretty excited to say the least.

Although, my first day off started out with this:


My new favorite drink is the Flat White from Starbucks. And FWIW, I dig the red holiday cups.

It was shortly followed by this:


I've been having some trouble with numbness in my fingers so my doc scheduled an MRI. On my first day of Christmas. {sad face}  I don't know if you have ever had an MRI but holy cow that was loud! But, I think the scrubs add a little something to my overall look...like about 50 pounds.

I then proceeded to a couple stores by the mall. Because I'm cray-cray like that. No pictures as it was every man for himself and I was afraid of suffering the wrath of last minute shoppers.

I did come home to this:


Which is a picture of my people chopping wood for THIS:




And THIS is something I can totally get behind. I hope to see a lot more of this over my remaining days off.

Currently, I'm sitting looking at this:




Which makes my heart happy. 

And I'm currently eating one of these:


Which Mark and the girls made while I was at work yesterday. If you don't recognize them, here is a description the girls printed out to attach to the plates they are taking to the neighbors.

Kolache

A traditional Czech pastry with fruit filling like poppy seed (the most traditional), cherry, lemon and apple. The poppy seed kolache can also be called orechovnik or makovnik, in the modern words. In the past, kolache referred to and Czech pastry that was round and had a filling. The symbolism of giving kolache to neighbors and friends is sharing good will and holiday cheer in preparation for Christmas and Three Kings Day.

I think they can give all the poppy seed ones to the neighbors. ;-)

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!



1 comment:

  1. Have a great vacation! I only have five days off but that is enough and I need money to pay my Christmas bills. LOL.

    ReplyDelete