always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

How To Build a Shop in 9 Easy Steps...

When we bought our house 5 years ago, the plan was to immediately build a shop on the back of the property. Then, we discovered a roof leak (which the inspector missed, of course) and had to replace the entire roof. Then, there was the new heating/cooling unit that had to go in. And a few other things that ate into the budget.

So, five years, and A LOT of planning later, we have begun the process.

Step 1.  Save a lot of money.
Step 2.  Go through all of that money way faster than you imagined.
Step 3.  Repeat steps 1. and 2. over and over again.
Step 4.  Get Building plans...finally.
Step 5.  Agonize over said plans for what seems like FOREVER to your wife.
Step 6.  Schedule concrete pouring.
Step 7.  Reschedule concrete pouring 3 or 4 times.
Step 8.  Finally get concrete poured.
Step 9.  Frankly, I have no idea what the rest of the steps are because I long ago stopped listening...but if you REALLY want to know, I'm sure Mark would be happy to talk to you about it.

Here are the photos that have my husband giddy. I'm not sure I understand his joy, but Men ARE from Mars, so whatever.








No comments:

Post a Comment