always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Labor Day weekend

With the three day weekend, it was the perfect opportunity to head to Filer, Idaho for the Twin Falls County Fair.

We loaded up Saturday morning, dog an all.





 My people are quiet travelers. Unless they spontaneously burst into song.

And it seems only fitting that we would do some actual labor for the "Labor Day" Weekend. So, we did.

Mark's brother Scott is in charge of the church food booth. We have helped for the last few years, and it is actually pretty fun. This year, both girls helped.  They were pretty awesome!  Even with a 4:30-11:30 PM shift. Ugh.

Here are some "action" shots...














We also ran into this character...


Sunday, we took the girls back to do rides. They seemed to enjoy themselves.














Mark, not so much..."Dad, hold my stuff, please!"



Played some of this...




Ate some of this...and many other things. Oh my.






Last year, I wasn't able to eat much of the fair food since GLUTEN. But, one day of fair food is what I live for the rest of the year. ;-)

Did some of this...



And some of this?





We spent most of the day Sunday there, then loaded up and headed home.




The second picture of Syd pretty much sums up how much fun we had. We were exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment