always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Eighteen? 18!!

I remember my 18th birthday like it was yesterday. And today? My marriage is 18 years old. Man, time sure flies!

I also remember the first day we met. It was not love at first sight for us. And it definitely took a lot longer for him to be interested in dating me. But, we got there eventually, and that's what counts.

So, our marriage can officially do the following:

Vote, serve on a jury, pawn stuff, get married, be an organ donor, buy tobacco, get a tattoo, and buy a lottery ticket. ;-)

Looking back, 23 is awfully young to get married. At least it seems like it now. Just look at those two babies!


We've grown up a lot together. We have our ups and downs. Hopefully always more ups. But, lets be honest, I can NOT be the easiest person to live with. To find someone who appreciates (most of) my quirks? Amazing! I'm sure there are a few that he could live without for sure. :-)

He is definitely all of those cliches for me; my rock, my happy place, the calm in a storm. So, what do I bring to the table? Besides chaos, of course. I think my role is to keep things interesting. The joke is that he spends half his time rolling his eyes and the other half shaking his head at my shenanigans.

He is still my favorite person. And for that, I'm eternally grateful!









Happy 18, Dude. You're stuck with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment