always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

High School? Wait, what?

Monday night, we went to the new student information night at our older daughter's high school.  However, we went because our youngest daughter will be starting there in the Fall.  I'm not sure how this happened!  The old adage of "The days are long, but the years are short" has never seemed truer than right now.

It was one thing when Peyton started high school.  She's not the baby!  I will admit that this, our last year at St. Mark's, we have been a bit disconnected.  We have been St. Mark's parents for 11 years.  I think some of the shine has worn off.  If given the choice, we would absolutely send our kids there again, but we are ready for a change.  I will also admit that Sydney hasn't had the amount of attention in her last year that her sister did.  She requires less parenting, always has.  Things are less "new" this time.  I  even considered not attending the information night.  Mark wisely explained why we should go.  Soooo, we went. 

It was fun to see Syd get excited about what BK has to offer.  She and Peyton are similar in a lot of ways, but it will be cool to see her forge her own path.  She's a lot more interested in what classes she will take.  She's ready for the challenge.  In fact, she got home and started going over the course options.  She's decided to have her first science class be Physics.  I can safely say Peyton wouldn't take Physics if she didn't have to.  And certainly not as a Freshman!

Syd is ready for high school.  No doubt.  Just not sure I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment