always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Monday, March 2, 2015

Wow, she can sing!

Peyton's choir had a benefit concert on Saturday.  Her choir teacher gave her a full song solo!  It was  "Irish" themed in honor of their Ireland trip coming up.  And, my kid rocked it!  Yes, I'm impartial.  For sure.  I did hear a couple people comment on her song though.  "Wow, she can sing".  "She was amazing".  Made my heart proud, especially because these were comments I overheard.

This is one version of the lyrics:

I've often heard my father speak of Ireland's lakes and dells,
The place must be like Heaven, if it's half like what it tells,
There's roses fair and shamrocks there, and laughing waters flow,
Ireland must be heaven if it's half like what I know,


Ireland must be Heaven, for my Mother came from there,
I never seen a living soul, one half as sweet or fair,
Her eyes are like the star light, And the white dog marcher hare,
Ireland Must be Heaven, For My Mother Came From There.


I've pictured in my fondest dreams old Ireland's lakes and dells,
I see a stairway to the sky, formed by perfect wings,
Each wave that's in the ocean blue just love the harbor shore,
And if Ireland isn't Heaven, then It must be right next door.

Ireland must be Heaven, for my Mother came from there,
I never seen a living soul, one half as sweet or fair,
Her eyes are like the star light, And the white dog marcher hare,
Ireland Must be Heaven, For My Mother Came From There.

Ireland Must be Heaven, For My Mother Came From There.


Mark wasn't able to attend the concert since he was out of town.  I ended up missing the very first part of my recording which is a bummer, but I think she's actually going to be singing it again at the concert this month.  Yay!

Lovely, clear shot of my Irish lass.  Ha!


I did have to laugh a little when she sang it the first time at home.  My kids are not natural sopranos.  And this song was HIGH!  But, she practiced a lot, and ended up doing really well.  I could tell she was nervous, but I doubt anyone else knew.

And there is my shameless Mom brag for the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment