always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Thursday, July 16, 2015

If a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it...

Or, if it falls in the canal and your husband isn't home to lumberjack it...

We have a huge, huge tree on our property. Sometime during one of the last storms, we lost a branch.  Not just a "branch", more like a small tree attached to the big tree. Of course it had to fall in the canal and block things up. That's just how we roll...

And naturally, I had to go take pictures. And, as usual, every time I take a picture, someone in my family has to ask "Are you going to put that on the blog?" Yes, always yes.




















You can see our house in the bottom right of this shot...













 It's hard to get an idea of how big the branch actually is. I tried to get some perspective by using my hand, but how do YOU know I don't just have tiny hands?!? Plus, this was a piece from about mid-length of the branch. The part that was attached to the tree was even bigger.












So, since Mark was out of town, and we have no free time in the evenings...I made the executive (and unpopular with my husband) decision and called someone to come take care of it for us. So, that was expensive.





But! Here is the finished product...




It's just too bad that the street side of the tree is so bare. Poor guy! Kind of makes me think of someone wearing a hospital gown that opens in the back.

I'm also pretty sure Mark has forgiven me. Mostly...

No comments:

Post a Comment