always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Monday, July 27, 2015

My Summer vacation Part 1, by Meg T.

Have you missed me? I figured so. Ha to the ha ha.

We spent the last week at the Oregon Coast. It was a week full of sun, sand, and relaxation. Kind of...

We left on Saturday morning after a quick stop to drop off the dog and hit Dutch Bros. Mama has her road-trip rules.



We drove to Vancouver to spend the night with my dad and Jeanne. We rolled in juuuust in time for church. Of course since we were so disheveled, who do you think they asked to present the gifts. That's just our luck. And our second bit of luck was the air conditioner being on the fritz. Good times, ya'll.

But, we made it through and hit up Mill City Brew Werk, which was delicious...and not just because we were starving! At least I don't think so. The pretzel was super good, beer too! Pineapple cider was interesting to say the least. And how 'bout them selfie skillz?



After dinner, we went back to Gpa and Gramma's new house. Such a cool location! And the house is perfect. The best part? The river that is the back yard. So nice to dip my toes in after the long drive.{LOVE}





The next morning we were up early and off to see our niece and her family. They even made us breakfast. As someone mentioned on Facebook, it was like a ginger convention. Their house was awesome, and the garden was super impressive. Tori and Luke were excellent hosts! And little Miss Emily? Well, check out those cheeks!


Apparently, she is officially a roller-overer, but we didn't witness any such thing since we just took turns holding her! Poor kid never got a moments peace!

After leaving breakfast, we hit the road and ended up in McMinnville. Guess who came up with that plan? I'll give you a hint...



We had a great time exploring Evergreen Space Museum. The Spruce Goose was truly impressive! And of course we were dorks and had to take the full tour. Especially the one in the hat...complete dork!



Syd got to meet and talk to a real Rocket Scientist. The two of them, and Mark discussed engines and stuff. Peyton and I were super mature and patient, of course...


Lest I bore you any further with this post, I will sign off. You know you won't be quite as lucky tomorrow...Part 2 in a 12 part series. Just kidding. Or am I?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment