always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Summer Vacation Part Deux...The Final Chapter.

Lucky you! Only one more silly blog post to read about the 'ole va-kay...
Although, "lucky" might be a stretch!

As we got closer to the Coast, we ran into this wall of clouds...





Seemed like a bit of an intimidating start to the week!

But, once we got unpacked, we headed for the ocean. It was cloudy all that day, but still - we were at the beach!! 

The next day, we decided to hit the aquarium. It was nice. Not at all what I expected given the hype leading up to our visit. But, we persevered!











 I also found this guy! (But not at the aquarium...)



We did a lot of beach walking/exploring the entire week. A. LOT.

The tide pools were amazing. The girls loved checking out the creatures. The lighthouse was super cool.


We made it to Tillamook for ice cream and cheese. Did a little shopping. Ate some taffy. Played a couple games, watched a few movies. Wore matching hats...so embarrassing! We need to coordinate our packing better so that never, ever happens again! But mostly, we just spent time together. I can't speak for the other three, but that was my favorite part!

As the girls get older, we have less and less time to just hang out. It was so nice to have this trip with my three favorite people.  {LOVE}









No comments:

Post a Comment