always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Monday, November 23, 2015

Sales 101

What have you been up to? Oh, not much. A little of this, a little of that.


 








The girls and I spent our weekend at the St. Mark's Christmas bazaar. It was fun getting to hang out with them. It was also fun to watch their sales pitches. I am terrible at marketing my own products so they were in charge of selling. :-) Syd was sure to tell everyone that the wood for the signs was at least 40 years old and from our property. And she would always tell them that everything was handmade...including the flowers. She told anyone, even if they weren't interested. But, it's good practice.

We ended up having some things left over, which is actually a good thing in my mind. I want them to know that things aren't always easy. I get the feeling they thought we would sell out all our merchandise right away. It's a good lesson that things don't always go according to plan.

And now, they are super excited to list things online. Works for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment