always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Friday, May 15, 2015

A letter to my gallbladder...(alternatively titled "Gallbladders are stupid")

Dear Sir or Madam,

I regret to inform you that due to your long history of being an annoyance, I'm going to have to evict you. As I have been unable to do so myself, I'm going to request that you be forcibly removed as soon as possible. In this case, it truly is you, not me.

Sincerely, 
Meg

So, gallbladders are jerks. At least mine has been lately. After two trips to the ER in one week, I'm still stuck with the stupid thing. Also, I'm not a fan of the ER, or of IV's, or of pain meds. I especially am not a fan of morphine. It was pretty great for the first two hours or so, then I ended up with a headache for the next 6-8 hours. No bueno.

However, I can obviously pull of the hospital gown look, right?


I do have an appointment with the surgeon. If he doesn't agree that the gallbladder has over-stayed it's welcome, I may cry. I'm sure my family and my co-workers are over it as well.

Mark was pretty funny at our last ER trip, though. We were sitting there and all of a sudden, he lowered the rail on the bed. I thought "Oh, that's sweet, he's going to hold my hand." Then he put the rail back up. Then down, then up, down, up, down. I was looking at him and he looks up and says "This is the coolest linkage. It doesn't move at all like you would expect." Then, "What?" I told him I thought he was lowering it to hold my hand or something. He looks at me and deadpans "What kind of drugs did they give you again?" Engineers, sigh...all that charm. Am I right?


And somehow, I thought "drinking my lunch" would be a lot more glamorous...


So far, this has been the worst weight loss program EVER! But the actual gallbladder should give me another 10-15 pounds, right? And without feeling terrible.

No? Well, that's just lame.

1 comment:

  1. Laughing with you, not at you and the engineer husband thing. =) Hope you feel better SOON!!!!!

    ReplyDelete