always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Friday, May 22, 2015

Pomp and circumstance...

So.

Sydney graduated from 8th grade last night. If you're like me, you didn't realize this was a thing. I can understand it, I guess, since they have gone to school with the same kids since Kindergarten. Syd actually has gone to school with two of the kids since preschool! But, 8th grade graduation...not high school. Incidentally, this is actually her 3rd graduation. She graduated from preschool AND Kindergarten. So, you'll excuse my naivete about the importance of this event.

But look how cute she is!



It really was amazing though. There were several scholarships presented for Bishop Kelly. (When you go to private school, the tuition scholarships are awesome!) The kids looked great in their caps and gowns. Tears were shed. Maybe by me. Perhaps.

Syd graduated with honors and got the Presidents Award for Academic Achievement. She also got one of the scholarships for an essay she wrote! Super cool. She did not get the perfect attendance award this year due to stupid pink eye. It's not the end of the world, obviously, but she's had perfect attendance since Kindergarten for goodness sake! And then to have it wiped out in 8th grade. Bummer.

Here is how excited she looked:



You would think Mark would be looking a little more excited being surrounded by 3 hotties, wouldn't you?

But, in all seriousness, we could NOT be prouder of this kid. She is awesome. In so, so many ways.


Now we start thinking High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment