always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Birthday girl!


Today, my first baby is 16! Below are 16 of my favorite things about her.

1. Her smile. It lights up the room. And not just because she's had these braces FOREVER.










 2. Her crazy hair. I personally love red hair, not everyone does. I think she loves hers too.  Mostly.




3. Her generosity and kindness. She is always willing to help those in need. As long as it's not the peeps at our house.

4. Her sense of humor. She's funny, and witty, and sarcastic. Awesome traits, until they are aimed at me.


5. Her temper. Weird, yes. But sometimes I think she takes so much after the Tverdy side, it's nice to see a little of myself in there.






6. Her love of her little sister. Amazing. Most of the time.




7.  Her intelligence. And the fact that she doesn't try to hide it. Even if she beats me at Jeopardy now.

8. Her willingness to try new things. Not a trait she gets from me. At all. Ever.






9. Her toughness. Physically, and mentally. I think it will serve her well in life.







10. Her ability to laugh at herself. It goes along with the great sense of humor, but just because you're funny, doesn't mean you also have this trait.  She does...even if she doesn't like to admit it.


11. Her compassion.  Whether it's animals, little kids, the elderly, or anyone else.  She's got the feels.

12. Her love for her mama.  Even when she doesn't like me very much, she can't help but show that she loves me.



13. Her singing voice. Totally gets this from me. (Where is the sarcasm emoji?)










14. Her lack of grace. She falls down, trips, etc. And is able to brush it off. And laugh. Usually.

Way to break your kid, Tverdys




15. Her similarities to her dad. This makes her crazy. But he's pretty awesome.















16. Her determination. She may not use it all the time, but when she does, watch out.







When she was graduating from 8th grade, there was a poem I found for her page:

There's something about 
a red-haired girl.
She makes you crazy,
and shakes up your world.

True and true. And we wouldn't have it any other way.

Love you, dude!  Happy sixteenth Georgio Armani!
XOXO,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment