always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Monday, April 20, 2015

Good times + Crazy friends = Great memories

I spent this weekend on a girls trip to Walla Walla, Washington to go wine tasting. I'm not the greatest when it comes to new or unfamiliar situations. But, I think I did okay this time. My friend Amanda is clearly amazing at planning a trip!

Below is a list of things I learned. This list is by no means the extent of things I learned. But I also know that somethings are better left un-shared and without photographic evidence.

1. 8 women can share a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom house.  I was a little nervous about this, but it was seamless.

2. I'm still not a wine girl. I found one that I could take a few sips of, but I'm still not a fan.  Thankfully, the other girls didn't hold it against me.   

3. Sharing a bed with someone you met earlier in the day isn't always as terrible or creepy as it sounds.

4. Nearly running out of gas on the trip home makes for an okay story. Truly running out of gas would not have. Also, my car will go A LOT further than I imagined after the fuel light goes on.

5. Jamie and Tiffany are awesome travel buddies. And if you do nearly run out of gas in the middle of nowhere, they are your girls.

6. If a restaurant tells you to call for a reservation at a later time, and then when you call they tell you they don't take reservations, you have Hadley call them. You will get a reservation.

7. When your food sucks, Amanda will take care of it. As an aside, avoid the chicken satay from the food truck.

8. If you own a winery that holds public tastings, you should sell snacks. For real.

9. Badminton is a lot more fun if you don't use rackets. Or rules.

10. Girls weekends should happen no less often than every six months.






No comments:

Post a Comment