always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Monday, April 13, 2015

Sometimes you've just gotta get away...

I'm a big fan of girlfriend weekends away. In fact, I'm such a big fan of them that I agreed to go on a wine tasting weekend. If you know me at all, you will know that I 100% do not drink wine.

I have friends who have tried everything to get me to like it. It all tastes the same to me, and to me, it all tastes awful. Sad, I know.


But, I love these girls that are going. I mean, I love the ones I know. Out of 8 of us, I know 4. Well, 3 plus me, of course. STRANGER DANGER!!!! I actually get a little freaked out when I think about it. I'm terrible at meeting new people!

I really believe strongly that as moms, and women, we need these friendships. To remember that we are something beyond the day-to-day. We need those crazy conversations that inevitably happen.  (And that we all swear we won't tell our husbands about.) We need to be able to let our hair down, get a teeny bit crazy, and just be.

So, I'm putting on my big girl panties, and I'm going. This Friday! I'm probably a little less excited about it than when we originally planned going with just the 4 of us. But I'm going. And I'm going to like it. Right?!?

Maybe I'll even write an exciting blog post about all the ways I grew as a human being over the weekend. It could happen you know! Or, I'll take funny pictures of them as they get sloshed. It could probably go either way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment