always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day...

I know some pretty great fathers. In fact, I am almost positive I have one of the very best! He may not be perfect, but we're awfully glad he's ours. I'm also married to one of the very best. We will definitely keep him!

I have two favorite photos of my dad and I from my wedding. The first is of him walking me down the aisle. It makes me laugh every time. Something about the look on our faces. It's like neither of us can believe this is actually happening.



This one is of the father/daughter dance, obviously. When I was growing up, my dad would often play his guitar and sing for me. One of my favorites was "Daddy's Little Girl" by the Mills brothers. It's funny, but I had never heard the actual recorded version until we danced to it at my wedding. I think I like my dads version better.



I don't get to see my dad as often as I would like. I do talk to him at least a few times a week and he's pretty great about making it to the girls events.

And while his is an amazing dad, I really feel like his true calling is as a Grandpa. No one enjoys that role more than this guy!




This picture is one of my all time favorites because it just sums up Gpa B and his girls.



So now we get to this guy...



He's my favorite person ever. Even when I'm not sure I like him very much. LOL

It's difficult to post many photos of him because he somehow avoids getting his picture taken most of the time. I maybe get one or two a year that he approves of. (Which is a pretty good average if you think about how few are actually taken of him.)

I would guess Mark always imagined having a son. Whoops! But, he has taught the girls most of what he would have taught a boy. They can shoot a gun, change the oil in the car, mow the lawn. They helped demo the house during the remodel. They are learning to drive the tractor. Etc, etc, etc. So, does he miss not having a son? Not that the girls and I can tell. And that makes him even more awesome as far as I'm concerned.






The girls went golfing with Mark this morning. Their job was to caddy for he and Uncle Chris. Poor guys...

Happy Father's Day to ALL the dads out there. You guys rock!

Out-takes:






No comments:

Post a Comment