always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Geek? Nerd? She prefers the term "Intellectual Bad*ss"...

So, Sydney attended a camp geared toward girls in engineering a couple weeks ago. We got an email a few days later about a Coding camp they were putting on. They invited her to join in, even though she is a year younger than the age it was offered to. She was a little too geeked out by this fact. Ha ha.

She got a taste of Computer Science at her first camp. I think it solidified for her what she wants to pursue in her future. At least for now...

And while Mark is out of town, I think I could still hear his heart breaking at the thought of his daughter wearing a Bronco's logo. Once a Vandal, always a Vandal. At least until BSU offered a full ride scholarship...then his allegiance might switch.  ;-)



I had a harder time when she told me the story of some college student mistaking her for an intern and hitting on her. Yikes.

Here's to my little Intellectual Badass.  She's pretty darn awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment