always

always

for reals...

for reals...

A blog about parenting teens and other things. There are a lot of "mommy blogs" out there. I love many of them. However, they aren't really applicable at this stage in our parenting. A blog about parenting teens? Now that is something I can get behind!

Although, I will say, if you are looking for advice on parenting, I can mostly offer the things I've found that DON'T work. I'm not an expert. AT. ALL . Unless we're talking about eyerolls. And then, I've got that shizzle nailed...

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

They're Baaaa-aaack...

After a week of no kids, we now have all the chicks home to roost. It was fun while it lasted. (Sorry girls, if you're reading this, we missed you terribly...)

Ahem.

If our drive home from the airport was any indication, it sounds like Peyton had a FABULOUS time! She told us every little detail. Every.Single.One.  She was sure she would be up with us at 6, despite the lack of sleep and looooong travel day. We told her she should take the opportunity to sleep in. We are dumb.

Amazingly, she was still asleep when I left for work at 8:30. Weird, huh?

We didn't get to spend a lot of time with her, as her flight got in so late and we were tired. So, it will be fun to catch up!

Sydney has been with my mom and Devin nearly the whole time Peyton has been gone. It worked out really well, as my mom was able to get her to all the places she needed to go. Shout out to Gabbie!

Syd spent her week helping babysit, pulling weeds and I'm not sure what else. She did start swim team Monday. 7:30 AM in-the-pool makes for a pretty darn early wake-up. Especially when she tries to eat at least an hour before practice. Yikes!

It now feels like we're even busier than we were during the school year. Our calendar is CRAZY!

Sydney has two camps in June. Peyton starts her babysitting gig Monday. Swim team. A raft trip. Job shadowing. A Summer on-line class. Piano. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Almost makes me glad I will be at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment